Evaluation of an application
Decorative/Illuminative applications require high color homogeneity, if...
- ...several light points can be seen directly
=> the human eye also detects color differences easier at low brightness
- ...a white surface is illuminated
=> the "whiter" the more sensitive e.g. wall washing, cove lighting or a cluster of spots
- ...small beam angles are used or there are small distances between object and light source
=> whenever beams don't get mixed
Backlighting/Signage application needs high color homogeneity, if...
- ...the diffusor is white
- ...the distance between light source and diffusor is small
- ...the diffusor has low absorption
- ...single light points can be seen through the diffusor
Less homogeneity is sufficient in applications with...
- ...big distances between two lightpoints or only 1 LED can be seen
- ...a rough or colored surface is illuminated
- ...big distances from light source to illuminated surface/diffusor or larger beam angles
=> whenever beams are mixing
Less homogeneity means: comparable to W2 Generation