You can dim light bulbs. You can dim halogen lamps. You can dim fluorescent lamps using appropriate control gear. But what about compact fluorescent lamps? OSRAM asked itself precisely this question and soon afterwards developed a new screw-base compact fluorescent lamp: you can dim the OSRAM DULUX EL DIM quite easily using existing normal light bulb dimmers – even progressively.
"2-in-1: saving energy and dimming The first energy-saving lamp that you can dim progressively"
- Progressive soft dimming from 7% to 100%, using most light bulb dimmers
- Switch-off and switch-on at all dim levels
- Extra long average life of 15,000 hours*
* Switching cycle: 90 mins on, 15 mins off
- At home or on commercial premises (hotels, restaurants)