EU Directive on Eco-Design
Requirements on efficiency for Professional Lighting
Which areas are affected by regulation 245/2009 in the professional sector (tertiary sector)?
Regulation EC 245/2009 relates to lamp types and components that are primarily used in highway, office, and industrial lighting applications:
- Fluorescent lamps without integrated ballast (single- and double-side sockets)
- Rod-shaped fluorescent lamps
- Compact fluorescent lamps
- Circular lamps
- U-shaped lamps
- High-pressure discharge lamps with E27/E40/PGZ12 sockets
- Metal halide lamps
- High-pressure sodium vapor lamps
- Mercury vapor lamps
- Ballasts for these lamps
- Luminaires for these lamps
Background on climate protection and EU Directive 2009/125/EC (ErP)
Here you will find general and background information on climate protection and the EU Directive for Eco-Design 2009/125/EC.
Energy-saving alternatives from OSRAM
Here you will find OSRAM alternatives for products whose sales will be progressively banned starting on April 13, 2010. Look under the desired technology.
You will find an overview of the stepwise phase-out of low-efficiency lighting types here.
Frequently asked question
We respond to frequently asked questions on the EU Directive and possible alternative products.